Saturday, January 21, 2012

tired just typing it ;)

Jared picked me up after he got off work and we went to watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy...great movie. He wanted to see it so badly and I think it was a great idea to finish off his first day back. After the movie, we were headed back to camp and decided to eat Thai in town. I had never tried Thai curry before, I had always played it safe with Pad Thai. I bravely ordered (MILD) yellow thai curry. It was fantastic. At first all that went through my head was...um...this tastes like potpourri. :) But once the flavors all melted together it was bliss.

We went out to Camp Kilsby to listen to Mike King give us a lesson on Arresting the Drift. Mike King and Richard Jennings are from a congregation in New Albany, Mississippi. Afterward, we had some tea and played a quiz game before leaving to come home around 10:30.

Suzanne woke us up Saturday morning with the promise of eggs, toast and potatoes...it was good as well. Once we (I) got ready we hung our washing out and headed into town. We picked up Jared's new shoes and found some towels on a huge sale. Normally, towels that I have seen here are around 20 dollars a piece but I found these for 5! Mind you, they are not the most plush items I have ever purchased but a towel is meant to keep you dry,yes? These will do the job.

After we hit up the Plaza, we went over to the house to take our tour before bringing furniture in. I love it there. I love my huge wall of cabinets and have nothing to put in them...totally okay with that!

It is my goal to make sure that there is not a lot of clutter around the house. After moving and going through all of our stuff, there is so much that could be put to use by other people. Jared took me to find the urban charm second hand store for later shopping and then we picked up a meat pie and headed to camp.

On the way, Jared decided to show me his old mountain biking track. We went through miles and miles of beautiful country and finally made it to the Kuhuterawa Reserve. It was total New Zealand rainforest. I was in jandals (flip flops) but we hiked up the backtrack anyway. The path took you through dense forest and then would open up into hills. I will have to post some pictures soon. Breathtaking.

We went out to camp again to hear another lesson and have some fun with the brethren there. After much talking, catching up and laughing we had dinner and a lesson...followed by Toy Story 3 and Tip Top Ice cream. As I write this, I am supposed to be getting ready to go back out to camp for worship. We have a full day of work ahead of us after that. Hope that your weekend is lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment